"To know what you want, to understand why you're doing it, to dedicate every breath in your body, to achieve . . . If you feel that you have something to give, if you feel that your particular talent is worth developing, is worth caring for, then there's nothing you can't achieve." Kevin Spacey


Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve

Back in the day NYE was all about the party. Now it's work outs, saving money on races and dining out with good friends. Change is good! Today was a weight lifting day and a spin class. My 2 favorites. . . NOT . . . but necessary. I'm learning to like them because I am seeing results. Don't we hate to be wrong?! I signed up for my first Triathlon for 2011. I was talking with my friend Meaghan and she wanted to do a tri together. She lives in Michigan. I told her my nephew is getting married in August and I'd look for one nearby. Unbelieveable but I found one right by her house! What are the odds? So we are doing the Sanford & Sun on August 13th. Meg will do the sprint and I will do the Olympic distance. Tri in the morning and wedding in the afternoon. We signed up today and saved $10. Dinner with friends tonight at the Spaghetti Factory. Not bad. Because I'm really watching what I'm eating I checked out ahead of time what to eat. I had the Chicken Penne hold the Alfredo. I actually have never eaten there before, it wasn't bad and was not badly priced. Early night though because we are all so old, no it's because we are such amazing athletes and we need to get to bed early so we can kick some butt tomorrow at the Polar Dash! (more like freeze our butt's off!) HAPPY NEW YEAR

4 comments:

  1. I love the name of the triathlon that you signed up for... "It's the big one!!" Ha, ha. Happy New Year. Kicking some butt is a great way to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Beth,
    I found your through Beth! I just got done reading her Polar Dash race report! Congrats on signing up for your Tri and also for committing to run a full marathon. Do you know what marathon you will be running? I just ran my first marathon in October and honestly had the time of my life! I am excited for you and wish you the best on your journey! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through Beth too.
    Congrats on the Polar Dash.
    First tri and first marathon, this is a very important year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,

    Found your blog via Beth K's blog. Looks like you have a great race schedule shaping up for 2011. All the best to you, and I hope you have a great year!

    Jean

    ReplyDelete