"To know what you want, to understand why you're doing it, to dedicate every breath in your body, to achieve . . . If you feel that you have something to give, if you feel that your particular talent is worth developing, is worth caring for, then there's nothing you can't achieve." Kevin Spacey


Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year, New Blog!

Happy New Year! With every new year comes a new start or if you will a resolution. My resolution this year is to run a Marathon. Finally, right?! I started running about 5 years ago, on and off again. It has only been within the last year or so that I've wanted to expand my running resume to include new races and new distances. A lot of it is due to the people I've been running with. They don't push me but they challenge me and I've improved enough to believe that I can complete just about any race I try to do. So that's kind of the why, now the how. Well that's the journey. We will find out together how this feat will be accomplished. The physical, the mental, the nutritional, the logistics with having a full time job, the accountability. . . I'm sure I'll think of more! This will also serve as my training log. So let's start now. Today I ran 6 miles at the Plymouth Dome. This is an excellent place during inclement weather. Today was 36 degrees out but raining, so inside. I need to figure out my Garmin because I couldn't tell what my average mileage was but I ran the 6 miles in 1 hour 5 minutes with the fastest mile being 8:34 so average would be just under 11 minute miles. Now off to St. Paul to the packet pick up for the Polar Dash. Starting off the year with a race. Hold on here we go!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog! It will be an adventure. Committing to do a marathon is awesome and this will be a great way to share the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A warm welcome to Blogland from Italy.

    ReplyDelete