"To know what you want, to understand why you're doing it, to dedicate every breath in your body, to achieve . . . If you feel that you have something to give, if you feel that your particular talent is worth developing, is worth caring for, then there's nothing you can't achieve." Kevin Spacey


Monday, January 3, 2011

Lap Counter works!

I was finally able to use one of my new Christmas toys on Sunday. It's called "Pool-Mate" Automatic Swimming computer by Swimovate. It displays lap count, time, calories, average stroke per lap, speed & efficiency. I did 2 laps to begin with and there on the watch it told me I had done 2 laps. It worked very well. I on the otherhand need to learn how to use it. In between sets you can hit the start button to pause and somehow I pressed some wrong buttons in between sets and had to start again, however, it did store my previous information. In the end it told me what I wanted to know and that is: yardage, number of laps & calories. I think this device will be really nice when I have a workout where I have to do a straight 1500. The only thing I was bummed about is that it is strictly for pool swimming but we really only spend about 3 months open water swimming anyway so maybe someday I'll get the super duper Garmin that I can use in the lake. To find out more go to http://swimovate.com/ Next pool toy I get to try out is my h2o Audio Interval waterproof headphone system. Just waiting for my Ipod shuffle to arrive! Yesterdays swim was 2600 yards (6 x75 wu, 2 200's, 1 100, 2 300's, 2 200's, 1 100, 6 x75 cd) Todays run was 6 miles at Parkers Lake. I experimented with my clothing. Butt warmers, Swix long johns and wind pants on the bottom half. Swix top, Pearl Izumi top and Brooks jacket on top. 2 pairs of sox. Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that it worked! Between that and the iPod, the laps will fly by this winter. Thanks for the product report!

    ReplyDelete